- Hayden Airport (HDN/KHDN) is located 24 miles from Steamboat and serves airlines including American, Continental, Delta and United.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) is located 3.5 hours from Steamboat.
Yampa Valley Regional Airport
- Airport Code: HDN/KHDN
- Location: The airport is located in Hayden, Colorado approximately 24 miles from the town of Steamboat Springs. The airport is in a great location as travelers will simply travel West on Highway 40 from Steamboat Springs until turning left on Routt County Road 51 which will bring travelers to the airport parking lot.
- Airlines: Various airlines are served at Yampa Valley Regional Airport.
American offers daily service to Chicago and Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Continental offers daily service to Houston and weekly service to Newark.
Delta offers daily service to Atlanta and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
United Airlines offers multiple flights daily to Denver.
Frontier offers daily service to Denver.
- Airport Services: The airport is rather small in size and easy to navigate. There is one restaurant and bar open year-round and other entertainment/food & beverage options that operate seasonally. There is also a gift shop offering t-shirts, cards, books, magazines and sundries.
- Getting To/From the Airport: There are two airport shuttle services offered at the airport. Reservations are highly recommended, as Steamboat Springs is a popular destination year-round. The fees for such shuttle services are dependent upon the servicer. Find local shuttles, charters, and taxi services here.
Rental cars are also available at the airport year round in the terminal. Reservations are also recommended.
Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport offers travelers a picturesque view of the capital city of Denver as travelers disperse to the high country.
- Airport Code: DEN
- Location: The airport is located approximately 19 miles northeast of the city of Denver. From the airport, head west on I-70 and exit in Silverthorne (CO 9). Take Colorado 9 east approximately 40 miles until Kremmling. Turn left onto US 4O for approximately 53 miles until you reach Steamboat Springs.
DIA services a variety of airlines including: Aeromexico, Air Canada, AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Great Lakes Aviation, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa, Mexicana, Midwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines.
- Airport Services:
Denver International Airport offers hundreds of choices for food and drink and over 50 shops to pass the time. There are also superior facilities designed for comfort and convenience as well as services including numerous ATM’s, money exchanges, shoeshine stations and baggage storage.
- Getting To/From the Airport:
Similar to Yampa Valley Regional Airport, there are many ground transportation options at the airport. Rental car outlets are numerous and many offer a complimentary shuttle from the airport to their parking area.
Go Alpine offers a year round, daily shared ride shuttle service between DIA and Steamboat.
In addition, Regional Transportation District (RTD) offers public bus services in the Denver area.