- Picnic tables are available for viewing pleasure at the bottom of the slide area.
- A liability waiver must be signed for all riders. Riders 18 and younger require a parent/guardian signature.
- Helmets are not provided but are allowed.
The Howler Alpine Slide is considered one of Steamboat Springs’ most exciting and family-friendly options for outdoor activity. The slide offers picturesque views of downtown Steamboat Springs from the top of Howelson Hill.
Located at the top of historic Howelson Hill, the Howler Alpine Slide is located at 645 Howelson Parkway in downtown Steamboat Springs. Turn from Lincoln Avenue onto 5th street to cross the Yampa River. Then, turn right after the river and the railroad tracks onto Howelson Parkway. From the parkway, turn left at the stop sign. Phone: 970 819 8010
- May 28th to September 25th, 2016
- Weekends only in early June and September
- Ages 7 and up:
1 to 4 rides $12.00 per ride
5 to 9 rides $11.00 per ride
10 to 24 rides $10.00 per ride
25 rides $9.00 per ride
- Ages 2-6:
$6.00 per ride
Must ride in a sled with a paying parent or guardian