The Yampa River Botanic Park offers visitors a unique variety of plants, trees and shrubs that grow at altitude.
- The park offers “social gardening” at 9 a.m. on Wednesday’s that is open to all that want to meet others or participate in gardening.
- Music on the Green is presented at the park by Strings Music Festival on Thursday’s from late June to mid-August from 12:15 p.m.-1 p.m.
- The park also features a log-seat amphitheatre.
The Yampa River Botanic Park comprises 5 acres of land and has over 40 gardens. In fact, the public sponsors many of the gardens. The area is landscaped with earthen beams and rocks that provide different exposures to the elements and varied conditions for the gardens to support growth.
The park is located within the town of Steamboat Springs.
- By Car: On US 40, between Old Town Hot Springs and Sundance Plaza, turn West at the traffic signal onto Trafalger Drive and follow the signs.
- On foot or bike: On the Yampa River Trail, between Emerald Park ballfields and the mobile home park a gate leads into the Park.
Supervisor's cell phone (970) 846-5172
Office (Parks & Recreation Dept) (970) 879-4300
The Yampa River Botanic Park is open daily from dawn until dusk from May 1st-October 30th.
Admission to the park is free.
Because the park is at an elevation of 6,800 ft. in the Yampa River Valley, it experiences 6 months of winter and an average of 20 inches of precipitation (mainly stemming from winter snow).